One of the essential things that all adventurous people, who love to go on trekking at night or visit a forest at night, require is a good headlamp. Not only these people but those who use tools to work at night and want their hands free require a headlamp. This is so because a headlamp will help them to see far better at night without any vision problem.
Well, these headlamps are quite easy to handle as they get fixed on our heads. One of the best things that can fulfill all the desires of a headlamp is the 18650 headlamp. This torch is considered to be the best because of the efficiency it provides.
However, there are numerous choices present in the market, and choosing among them is definitely not easy. So, to help you find the best, we’ll be discussing some of the best 18650 headlamps along with some essential details.
5 Best 18650 Headlamp Reviews
1. Headlamp,1200 Lumen Rechargeable Head Flashlight with 18650 Battery Headlamp (Inserted) for Running, Camping Hiking Outdoor, Upgraded Version – Best Overall
Brighter and unique than the other lamps, Headlamp 1200 will be a perfect choice for different outdoor activities at night.
- Manufacturer: 77 Outdoor
- Type of Bulb: LED
- Luminous Flux: 1200
- Battery Cell Type: Lithium-ion
- Nominal voltage: 3.7V
- Emitter: SST40 LED
- Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Weight: 2.82 ounces
- Dimension: 4 x 3.1 x 1.4 inches
- Power Source: 1 x 18650 rechargeable battery
Here is a good headlamp manufactured by 77 Outdoor, which has an amazing output of 1200 lumens and has 5 modes that let you use this headlamp for different purposes. This headlamp has a USB port hidden for its charging purposes and has a cable.
With the presence of a big button that is easy to find and can be pressed easily, it makes it convenient for you to use it in the dark. You will be enjoying this headlamp at night for all outdoor activities like running, camping, and hiking. The anodizing of this lamp is smooth, and it has a running time of 2 hours and 45 minutes. It is one of the best headlamps of its kind in the market today and is worth investing money in.
- The headlamp is made using SST40 LED and produces an output of 1200 lumen. So the light is very bright and has 5 different modes that are Medium1 and 2, Low, High, and Turbo.
- Its weight is 2.9 ounces, excluding the battery.
- The band of this headlamp can be adjusted according to the shape of your head.
- This headlamp can be used on rainy days.
- It is made using an Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy case that doesn’t get damaged easily and has a hard-anodized finish that makes the headlamp last long.
- It is designed with a hidden USB port, and the headlamp can be recharged.
- It is powered by a 18650 battery which is included in the package.
- It has good ergonomics – has a big rubber button that is easy to find.
- The battery lasts for a long time.
- Made of good quality.
- Ideal for multiple purposes.
- The light is a bit heavy.
- The straps are made of average quality.
No products found.
2. Rechargeable Headlamp, 21 LED Headlamp with Red Strobe Lights, 9 Modes USB Rechargeable Waterproof Head Lamp for Outdoor Camping Cycling, headlamps for adults – Best For Camping
With its Water-resistant feature and different modes, this headlamp can be easily used in harsh weather and is ideal for camping.
- Manufacturer: Fastras
- Color: Red
- Material: Aluminum, Cotton
- Weight: 12.3 ounces
- Dimension: 4.49 x 4.41 x 3.82 inches
- Power Source: 2 x 18650 rechargeable battery
Fastras is another best manufacturer of headlamps, and this offering of theirs is one of the best ones out there at the moment. This headlamp consists of 21 LED lights that provide super bright light for outdoor activities. The front light can be rotated at an angle of 90 degrees, and the two smaller lights provide dispersed lighting for things closer to you.
To ensure your safety, there is a rear safety light behind the battery, which is controlled by a separate button. This rechargeable Headlamp is perfect for backpacking and riding bikes at night, and the USB cord of this is durable enough for a long time. It can be worn in cold, snow, and rain. This headlamp is considered to be an ideal choice of headlamps.
- The headlamp is made up of 21LED bulbs.
- This headlamp has 9 working modes that you can use depending on your purpose.
- The modes are High, Middle, Low, White light, and it also has an auxiliary light mode for working purposes and strobe mode with different ranges of light.
- This LED headlamp is water-resistant and can be used for fishing, caving, mountain climbing, camping, car repairing, and more.
- The headlamp is powered by 1500mAh lithium-polymer batteries, so they emit brighter light.
- This product has passed the CE/UL certification test.
- The main light has a good range.
- It is easy to set up and use.
- The lights cannot be zoomed.
- The padding to the headband is less.
No products found.
3. WOWTAC A2S LED Headlamp LED Headlight 6 Modes Max 1050 Lumen Waterproof Headlamps, Super Bright Outdoor Sports Running Walking Camping Reading Hiking Riding Fishing (A2S CW) – Best In Budget
If you love to read books at night but face difficulty in reading, then this headlamp can be of much help to you. This headlamp from Wowtac offers you unique 6 modes that you can use for different purposes.
- Manufacturer: WOWTAC
- Type of Bulb: LED
- Voltage: 3.6 volts
- Luminous Flux: 1050 Lumen
- Cutting Diameter: 1 inch
- Assembled Diameter: 1 inch
- Battery Cell Type: Lithium-ion
- Color: A2S-CW
- Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 3.81 ounces
- Dimension: 4.17 x 1.18 x 0.93 inches
WOWTAC’s A2S LED headlamp will enable you to read at night as well as have fun at night in a cost-effective manner. The headlamp rig is useful and is fully adjustable. Moreover, the whole band is soft and flexible, so it can easily fit on any head size with comfort.
It is small and easy to pack. Plus, it is recommended to everyone with a tight budget in a professional realm because it’s not much expensive. This headlamp is built solid with a good running time. It is of high quality and provides unbeatable light. You can use it in all weather conditions, and with its firefly mode, your eyes are also protected.
- The CREE XP-L V6 LED, along with a smooth reflector, lets you focus in a limited space and allows you to optimize your area of vision.
- It has multiple brightness options.
- This headlamp features 5 lighting modes, excluding an SOS. The five modes are Low, Middle, High, Turbo, Firefly, and SOS to see long distances for a long time.
- The headlamp weighs only 3.08 ounces.
- The material used is aircraft-grade aluminum and can last for a long time.
- The aircraft-grade aluminum makes the headlamp waterproof and can be worn in all conditions.
- It is suitable for camping, exploring, climbing, hiking, and fishing at night.
- You can press the tail switch to switch on and off the headlamp.
- The battery has an inbuilt charger so that it can be recharged easily.
- Easy to operate.
- Cannot be worn for a long duration because of the plastic headband.
- You may have to re-screw it frequently.
No products found.
4. Led Headlamps Flashlight-Latest Technology T6+ COB Flood Light,10 Hours Long Lasting,High Lumen xtreme Bright Waterproof Rechargeable,Up-Close Work Head Light for Outdoor Camping Hunting – Best Water Proof
Want some additional light while camping at night? Check out this Cobiz-WEEKWIN headlamp, as it’s not only water-proof but also provides a good battery life.
- Manufacturer: Cobiz-WEEKWIN
- Voltage: 5volts
- Color: Brown
- Material: Abs
- Weight: 9 ounces
- Dimension: 8.5 x 5.43 x 3.46 inches
Cobiz-WEEKWIN is another fine manufacturer of headlamps. This headlamp provides two beams, the spotlight and the full beam. The short beam is very powerful and clear and, thereby, ideal for seeing objects at a reasonable distance. The full-beam is bright with T6 performance, which is ideal for shorter distances.
It also has a zoom ring. The quality of this headlamp is excellent, and it provides good output. This is an ideal product for joggers and workers who are working under poor light. Depending on the features of this lamp, it is sure that you will not regret your decision.
- It has a long battery life of approximately 10 hours.
- The 3200mAh headlamp 18650 battery can be charged fully within 7 to 8 hours.
- CREE technology provides widely spread light with less power consumption.
- This headlamp has two working modes. COB mode offers a broad beam for short distances, and it also offers the full-beam that lights up a long-distance beam for hiking and camping purposes.
- This headlamp is ideal for camping and can offer protection against spray water from different directions.
- On the inside, the material is of good quality and is resistant to leakage, and has waterproof wiring hence prevents accidents.
- It has an adjustable zoom head, and you can change the focus from broad lighting to narrow beam for long range. You can also pivot your head to 90 degrees to change the focus.
- Ideal for multi-purposes.
- Has a long-lasting battery.
- It has many charging options.
- It is not easy to control the light.
No products found.
5. Headlamp, IKAAMA 6000 High Lumens Brightest HeadLamp, 18650 USB Rechargeable LED Work Headlight Flashlight Waterproof Flashlights 4 Modes Headlamps for Adults Running Camping Fishing Hiking Biking – Best For Outdoor Activities
If you love to go on camping or hiking, or running, then this can be the best-suited headlamp for you. It may be the last on the list, but it’s still among the best headlamps that you can buy.
- Manufacturer: IKAAM
- Type of Bulb: 3 CREE LED
- Luminous Flux: 6000
- Laser Beam Color: White
- Battery Cell Type: Lithium-ion
- Color: Black
- Plug Profile: Headlamp
- Plug Format: A- US style
- Material: Aluminium
- Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Dimension: 4.5 x 4 x 4 inches
Last but not least headlamp is from IKAAMA, which is suitable for your garages and other outdoor activities at night. This headlamp has an impressive output of 6000 lumens, and the different modes make it perfect for different purposes.
It is very easy to adjust the bands of the headlamp for a comfortable experience. This headlamp is recommended if you have a tight budget. You can charge it via USB or through an outlet on the wall. It’s made of strong material using aluminum, making it durable for a long time. It includes three good-quality LED bulbs that provide a brighter light.
- This headlamp has 4 modes, including the lowest, the highest, the medium, and the emergency-ready strobe light. It can be changed according to the needs.
- It uses 3 CREE LED bulbs to provide stronger and brighter light.
- You can use this for different activities.
- It is waterproof, ultralight, and reliable.
- The waterproof switch on the inside lets you use this headlamp even when it is raining.
- The adjustable band of the headlamp provides comfort and maintains the balance between the front and back of the head perfectly.
- The light is very bright.
- Definitely worth the price.
- Prone to damage in the long run.
No products found.
8 Factors To Know And Consider While Purchasing 18650 Headlamp
In case you’re confused about which one to buy, or you’ve found the best for you, you can go through the following factors that will help you a lot. All the factors mentioned below play an important role, and you must consider them while purchasing a headlamp.
1. Beam Distance And Lumens
One of the essential things which will help you in understanding the actual brightness of a headlamp is its lumen count and the beam distance. If you are searching for a headlamp for hiking purpose and want to see clear at night during hiking, then you need a headlamp which has a high lumen count and a long beam distance. But if this is not the case, then you easily go with the one that has a low lumen count, as it’ll also help you see good at night in the car.
2. LED Output
It’s always recommended to purchase a headlamp whose LED can produce 500 lumens easily. If you’re getting the one that is lower, then you may not be impressed with its overall work. Also, you must get the one that includes a setting for lowering the illumination so that you can use it in different scenarios.
3. Battery And Charging
When you’re going out for a trip, it’s obvious that you’ll need a headlamp that can run for a long time without recharging it again and again. So, it’s quite important to get the headlamp which has a good battery, so that you don’t need to recharge it frequently. Also, when you’re out camping, you need a headlamp that can be charged easily. This is so because it’s not necessary that you’ll get good facilities for charging your headlamp. Well, it’s better to get the one whose battery is good and which can be charged easily.
4. The Band Size Of The Headlamp
Another important thing to take care of is the size of the band and how comfortable it is to wear. In case the size of the headlamp doesn’t fit your head properly, it’s of no use. Also, if it’s not comfortable for you to wear it or lacks softness, you cannot wear it for a long time continuously. So, it’s better to get the one which has a good band size and is comfortable as well.
The next factor to consider is the durability of the headlamp. Well, it’s evident that no one would love to buy a product that isn’t durable much. So, while purchasing a headlamp, you have to make sure that it is durable and is made by using the materials that are durable.
6. Weather Resistance (Water-resistant)
This is considered to be the most important feature of a headlamp. This is so because if the headlamp is not weather resistant or water-resistant, then you may not be able to use it in harsh weather or on a rainy day. If it’s not weather-resistant, you’ll not be able to wear it outside during good weather. So, it’s always recommended to get a headlamp that is water-proof and weather-resistant.
7. Shape Or Pattern Of The Light
Well, this may not sound important to you, but it is essential because depending upon your purpose of buying a headlamp, you may require a specific shape of light. When you’re going camping in a forest, you’ll require the one which gives you bright light in the center and a bit lighter on the other sides. So, you also need to take care of the shape of light that a headlamp will provide you.
Last but never the least factor to take care of is the price. This is indeed a factor that can make you step back from the one that you really want if it’s not in your budget. So, it’s always better to set a price range for a headlamp first and then look for the best option within that range. If you’ll follow this, you’ll end up having the one which you require.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to use a 18650 headlamp?
A1. Well, it’s not a tough job to operate a 18659 headlamp. To use it, you can follow the given steps:
When you receive your headlamp, the first thing that you need to do is to check the battery of it. If the battery is low, you can put it on charging. For charging, you can see the instruction manual provided by the manufacturer.
Once it is charged, you can directly put the band on your head by following the instructions given by the manufacturer because each brand may give different guidelines for wearing the band.
Now you can adjust the band according to your head size by adjusting the straps. While doing so, you need to make sure that the headlamp fits your head perfectly and comfortably. Do not make it too tight or too loose.
Once it’s done, you can directly switch on the light by pressing the given button. Depending upon your activity, you can change the mode of the light.
Q2. How to maintain and clean a headlamp?
A2. Since it is recommended to buy the headlamp, which is water-proof, it’ll be quite easy for you to clean it by using water and mild soap. You can use a soft cloth to clean the glass of the light. Also, whenever you’re using it in an area where it can easily catch dirt, it’s recommended to clean the glass of the light frequently as it can decrease the performance of the headlamp.
Q3. What is the correct way of purchasing a 18650 headlamp?
A3. The right method of purchasing a 18650 headlamp is to first decide the main purpose for which you want to buy it. This is so because depending upon the purpose; you’ll have to choose the shape of the light and the brightness as well. Also, it will be easy for you to find the best brand for that purpose that you can refer to.
Once you know the activities that you want to perform by using this headlamp and the best brand, you can finally look for the best options that fall within your budget. When you’ve shortlisted a few options, then the next thing to do is to take a look at the reviews of these 18650 headlamps and finally buy the one which suits you the best.
Q4. What are some of the best brands for purchasing 18650 headlamps?
A4. In the market, there are a plethora of brands present. It’s never easy to choose one out of them, but still there are some brands which are considered to be the best for some or the other products. Well, for purchasing 18650 headlamps, you can refer 77 Outdoor, Wowtac, and IKAAM.
With the help of all the details given, we hope that you’ll definitely get the best 18650 headlamps for yourself. One of the best ways of buying a product is to go through its reviews and features, which we’ve covered for you, and hopefully, you may have got one or more suitable headlamps for you.
Whenever you’re buying anything, there are certain factors that pop in your mind, on which your decision depends. So, we also gave you the factors that should come up in your mind while purchasing a headlamp. Well, we’re just here to guide you in the right direction of buying a headlamp because the final choice remains yours.