It is very important to have proper lighting on a vehicle, as it would help you to have proper visibility during the night. Also, during extreme weather conditions such as heavy rain, foggy nights, etc., they would be much more beneficial.
During winter nights, when the temperature falls, many headlights do not work properly. So, it’s quite important to have the best LED for halogen projectors that can give you clean visibility in extreme weather conditions and is less energy-consuming.
As we know, high-grade LEDs are provided by a number of brands, so it would be a very difficult task to choose one from many options that fit your requirements. Well, to ease your task, we’ve listed the 7 best bulbs for projector headlights, depending upon the ratings and reviews. The main aim of this article is to provide proper knowledge and proper guidance to buy a suitable LED for your purpose.
7 Best LED For Halogen Projectors Reviews
1. Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2 – Best Overall
These projector headlight bulbs are Manufactured by Fahren and are best in all due to their good performance. Also, these bulbs have a wide range of excellent features.
- Manufacturer: Fahren
- Model number: H11(H8, H9)
- Wattage: 60 watts
- Voltage: 12 Volts
- Bulb temperature: 6500 kelvin
- Luminous Flux: 10000 LM per set
- Fixture color: cold white
- Material: Aluminum
- Weight: 13.1 ounces
- Dimension: 7.2 x 4.72 x 2.05 inches
- Bulb Type: LED
- Exterior: Painted
Fahren design their products according to the safety of users, and therefore, these bulbs are not made up of heavy materials and do not release any hazardous chemicals. They have a full aviation aluminum body that is made to last for a long time. With a perfect beam pattern, it ensures a wider and further lighting area. It does not blind oncoming traffic and does not give any glare to other drivers as well. The best part of this product is that it is 3 times brighter than other halogens headlights.
These light bulbs can work with 98% of vehicles without any problems. It is a very cost-effective product and considered an alternative for ordinary 60 Watt bulbs. This LED bulb can function as a Low Beam, High Beam, or Fog Light, and because of its features, it is one of the consumer’s favorite products.
- These bulbs are 300% brighter than Halogen automotive grade.
- It has a longer life of over 5000 hours with an aluminum body.
- These bulbs work with 98% of a vehicle’s computer system without any errors.
- It can easily fit into housing sockets without any modifications.
[amazon box=”B07NPMV1H5″ template=”horizontal”]
2. Cougar Motor LED Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit – H11 (H8, H9) -6000K Cool White, Halogen Replacement, Quick Installation Low Fog Light – Best For Night Time
Manufactured by Cougar motors, these LED bulbs provide high brightness and the best durability. These bulbs have high-quality LED chips and have an easy installation process.
- Brand: cougar motor
- Voltage: 8V-48V
- LED Type: Superior LED chips
- Color Temp: 6000 Kelvin
- Waterproof rate: IP 67
- Shell Material: Aviation Aluminum
- Beam Angle: 360 degrees
- Working Temp: -40°C to +80°C
- Package Dimensions: 6.34 x 4.76 x 1.97 inches
- Connector Type: Plug and Play
- 200% brighter than your stock Halogen bulbs
- Life Span: Up to 50,000 Hours
- Item Weight: 0.89 ounces
- Model: H11
This Cougar Motor LED bulb is one of the ideal bulbs for halogen projectors as they provide a perfect beam pattern. These bulbs come with new optics technology, top LED chips, making them an ideal choice. It also has a superior heat dissipation performance, which makes it possible for you to fit it in different vehicle sockets.
These bulbs have a fully sealed waterproof design, which is fit for extreme conditions. They have no flickering problems because their design is according to modern technology. The presence of all the new technologies in these lights, including the smart chip, makes them one of the best LED bulbs for projector headlights.
- Have a high luminous efficacy which is 200% brighter than Halogen bulbs.
- Also, these bulbs have 50,000 hrs of excellent continuous light.
- They are very easy to install.
- They come with all the latest technologies,
- It does not have flickering problems.
[amazon box=”B01H6NZ7D8″ template=”horizontal”]
3. BEAMTECH H11 LED Bulb, 50W 6500K Extremely Brigh H8 H9 CSP Chips Conversion Kit Fanless Cool White All In One Plug N Play Replacement Low Fog Light – Automotive Headlights
The next bulb on the list is manufactured by Beam tech that comes with a number of features. These can be one of the best H11 LED bulb due to their plug-N-play options.
- Brand: BEAMTECH
- Light type: H11 H8 H9
- Model: H11 (H8, H9)
- Input Power: 50 W/Pair
- Item Weight: 8.1 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 6.15 x 2.36 inches
- Operating Voltage: DC9-32V
- IP Rate: IP65
- Light Source Model: CSP Chip
- Color Temperature: 6500 Kelvin
- Heat Dissipation Theory: Aviation aluminum 6063
- Operating Life: >30000hrs
- Operating temperature: -40C to +80C
- Package Included: 2 Bulbs
- Exterior: smooth
These bulbs offer a brightness of 9000 lumens, which makes them be considered an ideal replacement for halogen bulbs. It is a pack of 2 bulbs which can be used at a variety of places. This LED is produced by using the latest chip size package technology. These light bulbs are IP65 waterproof certified, making it easy for you to use them for a long time.
They have excellent light beam patterns with narrow strips, which provides a great view. The first thing that was considered while making this product was the consumer’s health and safety, because of which it has no high voltage and no circuit interference. It has great heat dissipation and a longer life span as well.
- The ideal feature of these bulbs is that they have plug-N-play for most of the vehicles.
- These bulbs come with Newest Korean CSP LED chips on both sides, which produces great output per set.
- It is built from highly durable materials for longer.
- They provide a perfect light beam pattern.
[amazon box=”B06XHDYTGL” template=”horizontal”]
4. NINEO H11 H8 H9 LED Bulbs | CREE Chips Halogen Replacement 6500K Extremely Bright All-in-One Conversion Kit | 360 Degree Adjustable Beam Angle | Fog light – Best Adjustable
With a 360 degrees adjustable beam angle, these bulbs are the best and are manufactured by Nineo. This LED bulb has the best performance and has the latest CREE multicore eutectic technology.
- Manufacturer: Nineo
- Wattage: 60 W
- Voltage: 30 volts
- Bulb color temperature: 65000 Kelvin
- Luminous Flux: 6000 lumen
- Fixture color: White
- Material: aluminum
- Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Dimension: 7.35 x 6.45 x 2.25 inches
These LEDs are considered best for cold weather and the toughest conditions. It has the maximum cooling feature, as it has a fan that revolves at a rate of 10,000 revolutions within a minute. With its CREE multi-core technology, you can adjust the lens up to 360 degrees of beam angle. The product has the slimmest design, which is only 3.45 mm. Also, it gives 360 degrees of uniform light without any dark spot.
The brightness that this bulb provides is high and has strong penetration power as well. The fans of this bulb do not produce any noise. With the powerful 36 watt output, these LEDs are able to avoid almost 98% flickering or any other error issues. It is also designed in a way to use less energy as possible to operate.
- NINEO bulbs can emit up to 12000 L of 6500K cool white light with a good beam pattern.
- This LED can adjust up to 360 degrees beam angle.
- It is 5 times brighter than halogen.
- Made by utilizing CREE multi-core eutectic technology.
- It has a slim design.
[amazon box=”B01MDOWGY3″ template=”horizontal”]
5. Philips H11 X-tremeVision Upgrade Headlight Bulb with up to 100% More Vision, 2 Pack – Best Vision
For the safety of nighttime drivers, Philips manufactured a LED with 100% more vision. This product fits perfectly for dark weather conditions. With modern technology and modern bulbs, it has an increased light output as compared to others.
- Manufacturer: Philips
- Wattage: 55 watts
- Voltage: 12 volts
- Model: H11 X tremeVision
- Item model number: 12362XVB2
- Exterior: painted
- Material: Glass
- Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Dimension: 4.7 x 4.5 x 1.3 inches
For Philips, the safety of their buyers comes first, and keeping it in mind, they have developed this headlight bulb. These bulbs come with automotive lighting technology, which offers a much better and much wider vision on the road. The drivers can get most of the light on the road by using these upgraded headlights. With its high-quality standards, it reduces the high chances of failure.
It is one of the ideal choices for those who love to drive at night and for those who want to travel in some good weather conditions. Moreover, it helps to make up for poor weather and dim light roads.
- It boosts up to 100% more vision on the road as compared to others.
- Philips X-tremeVision headlights give a brighter light output and extraordinary performance.
- X-treme vision is an excellent choice for nighttime drivers.
- It has an original equipment quality seal for better performance.
[amazon box=”B00U1OIESK” template=”horizontal”]
6. HIKARI 2020, H7 LED Bulbs, +150% Brightness, +100% Extra Night Visibility, TOP XHP50.2 LED, Halogen Replacement 6000K Cool White, Foglight – Best Night King
This light by XHP 50.2. Hikari offers far better visibility in extreme weather for their customers. It’s considered to be the best H7 LED bulb for projector headlights due to its visibilty.
- Manufacturer: Hikari
- Model: R8-H7
- Wattage: 30 W
- Voltage: 12 Volts
- Bulb color temperature: 6000 Kelvin
- Luminous Flux: 6000 lumen
- Fixture color: White
- Weight: 9.3 ounces
- Dimension: 6.65 x 4.99 x 2.24 inches
This bulb can ensure both the efficient luminance in front of the vehicle and an even widespread on both sides of the vehicle. This is the major reason that this light can assure the safety of the driver during the night. Well, not only at night, but this can also withstand harsh weather conditions and can give much better visibility.
The best part of this bulb is that it is automotive and has a good beam pattern. Also, the beam pattern of the light is adjustable according to the need of the drivers. Moreover, it provides a wider range of vision as compared to other LEDs and comes with an upgraded cooling system.
- The new star vision technology has been used to engineer the product.
- These LED bulbs offer a uniform beam pattern.
- It has a waterproof system.
- It is suitable for all types of environments, which include snowy days, foggy days, and rainy days.
- This comes in a pack of 2 LED bulbs.
[amazon box=”B07XP1GG13″ template=”horizontal”]
7. LIGHTENING DARK H11 LED Bulb, H8 H9 All-in-one Conversion Kit,6000K Cool White – 360°Adjustable Beam Pattern – Halogen Replacement Low Fog Light – Best Choice
The last on the list is a fully new version of LED bulb that comes with an optimized 360 degrees angle beam pattern and extraordinary system of cooling. It provides more focused lighting due to advanced technology.
- Manufacturer: Lightening Dark
- Model: H11(H8, H9)
- Wattage: 30 W
- Voltage: 48 volts
- Material: Aluminum
- Lumen: 10000
- Bulb color temperature: 6000 Kelvin
- Exterior: Smooth
- Fixture color: White
- Weight: 7.05 ounces
- Dimension: 6.3 x 5.1 x 2 inches
Lightening dark C2 series produced a light bulb that is more focused and has much more brightness. These LEDs have a proper cooling system and also have a perfect thermal management technology that limits the critical temperature of LEDs. It comes with a 2nd generation revolution of the comet nucleus. The lumen of each pair of bulbs is 10000 LM with high power and top quality.
This could be the best replacement for the halogens low fog light. With single substrate and double-sided patch technology, it gives a wider and farther light. The thermal management technology of this bulb keeps it in order and makes it according to the safety of the consumer.
- Lightening dark h11 LED bulbs to adopt a feature of customized high efficient LEDs array.
- It creates a 170% Higher brightness than the industry level.
- The pattern of the beam is a 360° adjustable beam with mounting collars.
- Due to its advanced thermal analysis technology, it limits the critical temperature of the LEDs.
- It can be installed within 20 mins and is purely water-resistant.
- It can be used in heavy rains and in extreme situations.
- It has an Advanced LED chip with a new Turbo Fan that provides over 50,000 hours of continuous beam light.
[amazon box=”B07FMLG7QJ” template=”horizontal”]
Factors To Consider While Purchasing A LED For Halogen Projector
This is one of the most important parts that every reader must read carefully. In a buying process, proper guidance is very important as it will make you understand the factors which are essential. These factors should be kept in mind while buying a LED for a halogen projector.
The intensity of the light is the first thing that should be kept in mind before buying a LED. In these bulbs, the count of lumens is used to measure the brightness of the light. It is recommended that the more the lumens, the more the brightness. Well, greater visibility is considered to be a part of safety in bad weather conditions, so you need to get a bulb that gives you a clear brightness in such conditions. So, you need to check the brightness of the light bulb before buying it.
2. Energy Consumption
High energy consumption is the most common issue that everyone faces, and it’s true that no one likes it. However, LEDs consume very little energy as compared to halogen bulbs, so it is definitely a plus point for LEDs. But still, you should check the amount of energy it consumes and go for the one that does not consume much. Also, a low energy consumption light will reduce your electricity bills as well.
3. Quality Of Material
The quality of the products matters a lot, as no one would love to purchase something whose materials are made of poor quality. So, it is very important to check the quality of the materials used in making light bulbs before buying them.
4. Low Flickering
Flickering of the light is the most common problem that occurs in most of the LEDs, and it is essential to have the one which gives the minimal flickering problems. For this feature, you can properly go through the customers’ feedback and check the ones which are about the flickering features.
It is very common that if you are looking for a light bulb, then it should be highly durable. If the bulb is not durable, then you will not be able to use it for a long time. If the light bulb has a proper cooling system, high heat dissipation system, and is not corrosive, then only you should consider buying it because these factors decide the durability of the light.
Well, lifespan and durability are somewhat similar but are still different. The lifespan of the bulbs is calculated in hours, and you should properly check it. If the lifespan of the bulb is short, then it would not survive or run for more time, and you have to change it accordingly. But if you buy the one that has a longer lifespan, then you don’t have to change it soon. So, you should consider a light with a long lifespan for buying.
7. Dusk To Dawn Feature
There are some LEDs available that can be used for multiple purposes like they can be used as headlights or they can be used at home as well. If you want to use it at your home, then you need to consider the dusk to dawn feature, which means day to night. This feature is very important because it uses a light sensor to switch on or off the light automatically, making it easy for you to place them outside your house.
For example, if the surroundings are dark, then the light will switch on automatically, and as the surroundings get brighter, it switches off. So, you should consider this feature because in case you are not at home, then the light can switch off/on according to the surroundings.
8. Installation Process
It’s never easy to install a headlight, but it should not be very difficult as well. So, you should buy a light that is easy to install and does not take much time.
9. Emitting Of Hazardous Chemicals
It could be an important point to consider while buying a LED for a halogen projector. When LED bulbs stop working then they can be disposed of easily as they do not emit any hazardous chemicals but Halogens release hazardous chemicals like mercury.
Price is an essential factor that comes into play before buying anything. There are a bunch of brands that offer a LED bulbs with great features at a very reasonable price. If you can get a good product with a longer lifespan at a very reasonable price, then there is no need to go for the expensive ones. Well, to buy the right light, you can first make a list of the features that you need and then compare the prices of the lights with different brands. The price which fits you the best, you can consider buying it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which is better, LEDs or Halogens?
A1. LEDs are far better than Halogens because they are brighter than Halogens and they have high lumen per watt as well. Having a high lumen count means more brightness, so LEDs can easily provide much more brightness than halogens. Also, LEDs consume less energy as compared to Halogens. Thus, they are helpful in saving energy and hence, bill.
For more comparisons check this out.
Q2. Can you put LED light in a halogen fixture?
A2. Yes, you can put an LED light in place of a halogen in most cases. However, you may find some challenges while fixing it, but most probably, you will be able to put on a LED light.
Q3. Do LEDs contain any hazardous or heavy metals?
A3. LED bulbs do not contain any hazardous or heavy metal, but halogens do contain mercury which can be hazardous for us. This is another reason why LED is preferred over Halogens. Also, if your LED stops working after its lifespan is over, then there would not be any problem with disposing of it.
Q4. What are the benefits of LED lights?
A4. All LED lights are energy savers, which can easily take the place of CFL, Fluorescent, metal halide, halogen lights, and incandescent. They can easily make the energy consumption of your house much less, which is around 80%. These lights can last for up to 100,000 hours and they are effortless to maintain.
If you are an adventurous person or love to travel at night, then you need to have a great headlight that gives you clear visibility. Your major focus while purchasing the best bulb for projector headlights should be on the brightness and the clarity of the view that it will provide.
Well, as you are now at the end of this article, we hope that you must have gotten the one that suits you the most. We also hope that the information in this article provides effective knowledge to you about buying the best LED for halogen projectors.